07:00 , Sep 19, 2011 |  BioCentury  |  Finance

Celtic rolls its own

Celtic rolls its own Celtic Pharmaceutical Holdings has rolled up all the investments and cash from its funds - about $700 million in all - into a single company. The newco, Pro Bono Bio ,...
07:00 , Jun 27, 2011 |  BioCentury  |  Finance

Particle math

Particle math Cardiovascular diagnostic company LipoScience Inc. filed late last week to raise up to $86.3 million in an IPO on NASDAQ. The company has raised $58.7 million in venture capital and was cash flow...
07:00 , Apr 21, 2011 |  BC Innovations  |  Tools & Techniques

New metabolic markers of heart disease

A Cleveland Clinic team has identified three phospholipid-based metabolites derived from gut bacteria that are associated with risk of cardiovascular disease in humans. 1 The team plans to develop a serum diagnostic based on the...
07:00 , Jun 21, 2010 |  BC Week In Review  |  Company News

Affomix, University of Montreal Pharmacogenomics Centre, Montreal Heart Institute deal

The parties will discover and produce biomarkers for use in cardiovascular diagnostics. Affomix will contribute its reagents for proteomic profiling of specific cardiovascular targets. Further details were not disclosed. Affomix Corp. , Branford, Conn.  ...
08:00 , Mar 8, 2010 |  BC Week In Review  |  Company News

Cleveland HearLab management update

Cleveland HeartLab LLC , Cleveland, Ohio   Business: Cardiovascular   Hired: Stanley Hazen, head of the section for preventive cardiology and rehabilitation and director of the center for cardiovascular diagnostics and prevention at Cleveland Clinic,...
08:00 , Nov 9, 2009 |  BC Week In Review  |  Company News

Celera, Geisinger Health System sales and marketing update

Geisinger Health System's Proven Diagnostics laboratory service will co-market cardiovascular diagnostics from Celera's Berkeley HeartLab Inc. subsidiary, including its KIF6 test to detect the 719Arg kinesin-like protein 6 (KIF6) gene polymorphism, and 4myheart cardiovascular disease...
07:00 , Mar 23, 2009 |  BC Week In Review  |  Company News

CardioGenics Inc., JAG Media Holdings Inc. deal

CardioGenics signed a letter of intent to reverse merge with shell company JAG in a stock deal. CardioGenics shareholders will own 85% of the combined company, and JAG shareholders will own the remaining 15%. CardioGenics...
07:00 , Oct 17, 2005 |  BC Week In Review  |  Company News

Dendritic, National Cancer Institute deal

NCI's Nanotechnology Characterization Laboratory will run preclinical studies of Dendritic's Starburst dendrimers to characterize the compounds as macromolecular dendrimer-based MRI contrast agents. Dendritic said it will use resulting data to support an IND filing of...
07:00 , Jun 30, 2003 |  BC Week In Review  |  Company News

Axis-Shield, Abbott deal

ASD acquired exclusive rights from ABT to develop 12 diagnostic assays for the AxSYM automated immunoassay system including assays for cardiovascular and other diseases. ASD, which expects to launch the assays in 2005, will develop,...
07:00 , Jun 9, 2003 |  BioCentury  |  Analyst Picks & Changes

Analyst picks & changes

United Therapeutics Corp. (UTHR), Silver Spring, Md. Business: Cardiovascular, Diagnostics/Imaging Punk, Ziegel analyst Matthew Kaplan began coverage with a "buy" and a $30 price target. He said the company's Remodulin prostacyclin analog for pulmonary arterial...