23:20 , Sep 7, 2018 |  BC Extra  |  Financial News

Opko's Frost among those charged in ‘pump-and-dump’ schemes

The SEC filed charges against biotech investor and former Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NYSE:TEVA) Chairman Phillip Frost alleging that he participated in “pump-and-dump” schemes involving penny stock companies. Frost, who is chairman and CEO at...
08:00 , Jan 13, 2014 |  BC Week In Review  |  Company News

Biozone Pharmaceuticals, Cocrystal Discovery deal

On Jan. 3, Biozone said it completed its merger with Cocrystal. The combined company, which will initially continue to trade on the OTCBB, plans to apply for a name and ticker change in the coming...
08:00 , Dec 9, 2013 |  BC Week In Review  |  Company News

Biozone Pharmaceuticals, Cocrystal Discovery deal

Cocrystal will merge with Biozone in a stock deal to create Cocrystal Pharma Inc. (Bothell, Wash.). Biozone's shareholders will own 40% of the combined company, and Cocrystal's shareholders will own the remaining 60%. Gary Wilcox,...